SunPorch….a simple beautiful life.
SunPorch was formed to build and operate skilled-nursing facilities, and assisted-living and senior-housing apartments in rural communities. Long-term strategies are:
1. To provide the Green House® Home enhancing their quality of life;
2. To attract and retain competent and caring employees; and
3. To achieve long term financial goals.
SunPorch plans to build and own skilled-nursing facilities, and assisted-living and senior-housing apartments in these rural communities. We will use the Green House™ design for skilled-nursing facilities. The apartments for assisted-living and independent housing will be a modern design with dining, and healthcare and social programs.
The Green House™ was created by Dr. Bill Thomas and entrepreneur and physician. It is a model of skilled long-term care designed to transform traditional skilled-nursing facilities into homes, providing growth for residents and staff. Instead of a large facility with many residents, Green House projects create homes for 10 elders. Each has a private bedroom and bath off a central area for cooking, eating and gathering. Nursing assistants play a big role. Research shows the 200 Green Houses built in America have had the following outcomes:
• Improved quality of life: Green House elders reported improvement in privacy, dignity, meaningful activity, relationships, autonomy, food enjoyment and emotional well-being.
• Improved quality of care: Green House elders maintained self-care abilities longer with fewer experiencing a decline in Activities of Daily Living (ADL). Fewer Green House elders experienced depression and fewer were bedfast.
• Improved family satisfaction: Green House families were more satisfied with meals, housekeeping, physical environment, privacy, autonomy and healthcare.
• Improved staff satisfaction: Green House staff reported higher job satisfaction and increased likelihood of remaining in their jobs.
Visit the web site of the GreenHouse project and learn more: The GreenHouse project